HomeHome SitemapSitemap Contact usContacts

How an Immigrant Spouse Can Become a US Citizen

Immigrating into the United States is not as easy as it used to be. Just 10 or 20 years ago, it was simple to cross the border and gain citizenship into the United States by filling out the proper forms. Immigration laws have really gotten a lot more strict, however, and in order to become a citizen of the United States and is often necessary to hire an American immigration attorney to guide you. This will not only help you to be able to gain entry into the United States without too much difficulty, it will also help you to be able to avoid any pitfalls that might slow down the process along the way.

One of the easiest ways to become a citizen of the United States is to marry a citizen of the United States. This doesn't ensure, however, that you are going to be a citizen of the United States without any problems. What it does say, is that if you marry this person for a reason other than becoming a citizen of the United States you certainly will be able to apply for citizenship. Along with that, you will have plenty of forms that you will need to fill out either as their fiance, before you are married or as their spouse after you're married.

A few of the regulations that are necessary in order to become a citizen of the United States will be covered by the American immigration attorney for you. This is a great help for those who are not able to speak English as their native language as some of the regulations can get quite lengthy and wordy in nature. They will help you to make sure that you are compliant with all of the immigration laws and that you have all of the forms filled out properly and sent off to the proper places. This will ensure that you are able to go through this process with the least amount of problems necessary.

If you met your fiance outside of the United States and you want to come into the United States in order to get married there are particular forms that you will need to fill out as well. An American immigration attorney will guide you through filling out these forms and also the regulations that show whether your marriage will be accepted by the United States for citizenship or not. Some of the reasons why they may not be accepted is because you knew your fiance for too little of the time, you did not get married within 90 days of entering the country or else it is illegal for the two of you to get married according to the laws in either the United States or their country.

If you want this process to go as smoothly as possible, hiring an American immigration attorney can benefit you in a number of ways. Not only do they know the ins and outs of immigration and gaining citizenship in the United States, they also have filled out the forms that need filled out many times. If these forms are filled out properly and sent into the proper people they will be streamlined through the process. If you fill them out yourself and they are filled out wrong, you will have delays upon delays in getting into the country.

Source: www.coolimmigration.com