HomeHome SitemapSitemap Contact usContacts

US Immigration Visas - Immigration Classifications and Visa Categories

US immigration visas are documents required for travel to the United States of America. A person who desires to travel to the U.S. from any nation as a non-immigrant or immigrant should apply for entry permission at a Consulate functioning outside the United States. A visa (or stamp) affixed in the passport allows the person to enter the America.

Depending upon the purpose, there are many types of U.S. visas, including business visas, tourist visas, immigrant visas, non-immigrant visas, employment-based immigrant visas, etc. These types allow the persons to work in the country, attend schools and colleges, get specialized training and vacation, attain medical treatments or stay indefinitely.

Certain immigration visas also permit to change or ‘adjust status’, which is the process of adjusting the foreign national’s position from nonimmigrant to immigrant without having to leave the US. For example, an individual entered the US on a tourist visa can change to a student visa in order to go colleges. A person who comes on a non-immigrant visa (temporary) can apply for immigrant visa (permanent residency status).

To qualify for a visa to the U.S., the better way is to seek the assistance of an US immigration consulting service. An immigration specialist can find the visa that is correct for you. For instance, there are H1-B visas that are strictly work permit visas. But, an H-4 visa permits a family member of the H1-B visa holder to travel to the United States. The H-4 visa holder is unable to work, however he/she can study in the U.S. as long as his/her relative held the H1-B visa. Here, the consultant can help you choose the best strategy while applying for your US immigration visas.

This article is written for Immigration Specialties, Inc - a U.S. immigration forms processing service based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We assist you in processing immigrant (Green Cards) and nonimmigrant H-1 Temporary Worker, L-1 Intra Company, E-3 Specialty Occupation) visas for foreign professionals, their employers & family members.
Source: www.coolimmigration.com