A registered immigration
consulting firm

Family Sponsership Immigration

Family Sponsership Immigration

Family Sponsership

  • 1. Spousal sponsorship
  • 2. Parent and grandparent sponsorship
  • 3. Parent and Grandparent Super visa
  • 4. Children sponsorship
Spousal sponsorship:

The Spousal Sponsorship program is a subsection of the Family Class immigration category. Under this program, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident may sponsor a spouse􄠈common-law partner or conjugal partner for Canadian permanent residence.

NOTE: Canada recognizes same-sex marriage, and same-sex partners may be eligible to apply under any of the above three categories, provided they meet all eligibility requirements.

  • Outland Sponsorship
  • An Outland application is generally pursued when the sponsored partner is living outside of Canada. However, Outland applicants can still be in Canada and apply through the Outland program, and may be permitted to travel in and out of Canada throughout the application process. Outland applications are processed through the visa office that serves the applicant’s country of origin, or where they have resided legally for at least one year.

  • Inland Sponsorship
  • Inland sponsorship is when the couple is together in Canada and the foreign spouse/common-law partner has temporary status in Canada, either as a worker, student, or visitor. The downside to the Inland route is that applications typically take longer to process. However, the person being sponsored may be eligible for an Open Work Permit, allowing him or her to work for any employer in Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed.

Parents and Grandparent Sponsorship

The Family Class sponsorship program includes a stream for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Successful parents and grandparents under this program will receive Canadian permanent residence.

Size of Family Unit

2 persons
3 persons
4 persons
5 persons
6 persons
7 persons
More than 7 persons, for
each additional person, add










Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term visitors. Successful applicants receive multiple-entry visitor visas that may last for up to 10 years. Unlike standard visitor visas, which must be renewed every six months, a Super Visa remains valid for two years at a time.

To be eligible for the Super Visa program, parents and grandparents must meet standard visitor visa requirements. In addition, they must:

  • Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada;
  • Show that the sponsor in Canada meets minimum income requirements;
  • Prove they have purchased Canadian health insurance for at least one year; and,
  • Complete an immigration medical examination.

Income Table:

Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements

Size of Family Unit
1 person (your child or grandchild)
2 persons
3 persons   
4 persons
5 persons
6 persons
7 persons
More than 7 persons, for
each additional person, add

Minimum necessary income


Children Sponsorship

sIf you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your dependent children to immigrate to Canada.

You must provide proof that you can:

  • meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your family,
  • support your relative financially and
  • make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government